We provide intravenous (IV) Vitamin therapies as part of our health and wellness treatments. Always consult your physician before beginning any therapy program.
What Is Intravenous (IV) Vitamin C Therapy
Among the various treatments we offer at BIX Homes & Wellness is intravenous (IV) Vitamin C therapy, which involves injecting vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid directly into the bloodstream to achieve its maximum benefit. By entering the body at the cellular level, IV vitamin therapy bypasses the liver, which results in greater absorption and utilization of the nutrients.
How Does IV Vitamin C Therapy Help?
- One of the advantages of IV vitamin therapy is that people usually feel the effects sooner than they would by taking the same nutrients in supplement form. It tends to be more effective than taking medications orally because stomach acids often destroy them, which leads to approximately a 50% absorption rate.
- On the other hand, IV therapy allows for 90% absorption of nutrients. This type of therapy is also helpful for people who may have a complex disease that prohibits taking oral medications. Because IV vitamin therapy sidesteps the gastrointestinal system, the patient receives higher concentrations of nutrients without upsetting stheir stomach.
How Is IV Vitamin C Therapy Administered?
IV Vitamin C therapy is administered through a sterile catheter that is inserted into a vein and secured. In the past, this kind of treatment was only available in hospitals. While the IVs we use are similar to what you see in a hospital, Bix Homes and Wellness in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania prides itself on creating a relaxing and refreshing atmosphere instead of a hospital's more clinical setting. Using this approach, we are able to treat a variety of conditions.
Vitamin C Therapy
- Vitamin C, also called Ascorbic Acid, is an antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress. Many patients receive Vitamin C drips when fatigued, feeling ill, suffering from a cold or flu, for wound healing, depression, as an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxification and more. The advantage of IV therapy is that while you’re undergoing an IV vitamin drip, your body is receiving an increased concentration of the vitamins themselves. As soon as the nutrients correct the imbalances within your cells, they improve their ability to heal.
- Additional uses for IV vitamin drips include fortifying the immune system, reversing dehydration after extreme exercise or alcohol intake, and raising energy levels. Some of the most common reasons people come to BIX Homes and Wellness for vitamin treatments are to reduce stress, balance hormones, eliminate toxins from the body and to make their skin healthier.
How Many Treatments Will I Require?
- It is important to keep in mind that IV nutrition therapy is not a one-size-fits-all treatment. At BIX Homes and Wellness, we adjust our medications to the individual in order to maximize their benefits. Dosage can vary based on a patient’s weight and whether he or she has had previous infusions and the response to those infusions.
- Although the response to IV nutrition therapy varies from individual to individual, most patients normally require a few treatments. Their number depends on the medication and the severity of the condition being treated. While some people will respond immediately, many patients do not receive the full benefit until after undergoing several treatments. To see if you're a good candidate, we always conduct an evaluation before starting any course of treatment.
Is IV Vitamin C Therapy Right for You?
If your body is short of essential nutrients or if you deal with chronic pain, inflammation, migraines, or other ailments that have not responded to traditional treatments, IV Vitamin C therapy may be the best course of action. Not only is it simple to administer, but it is also painless. Essentially, it is the quickest way to restore your body's depleted nutrients and recover its functions.
One of the great things about IV Vitamin C therapy is that many of our patients leave our office feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and continue to experience the benefits of the therapy long after the treatment. They also do not suffer any harmful side effects. Through IV Vitamin therapy, our patients receive the vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients they need in the fastest, most effective way possible. For this reason, IV Vitamin C therapy remains an integral part of BIX Homes and Wellness' mission of using a holistic approach to boost people's overall health and well-being.